- Diagnosis of a terminal illness with a life expectancy of six months or less (based on the best guess of the Primary Care Physician) and comparison to established Medicare guidelines.
- Hospice is ordered by the patient's physician and the Hospice Medical Director agrees Hospice is appropriate
- Patient is no longer seeking curative care (treating disease), instead desires palliative care (treating symptoms)
- Patient has a primary caregiver, or plans for a primary caregiver, who can provide care at home or in a homelike setting when the patient requires that care
- Patient lives in Stephens County or the surrounding area including Rush Springs and Waurika
Chisholm Trail Hospice does not discriminate and will accept all patients. Anyone can make a referral. Referrals may be made by calling the Hospice office at 580-251-8764.
Hospice is not just for cancer patients, it is also available to patients with non-cancer diseases with a life threatening prognosis. Some of these diagnoses are:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Lou Gehrig's Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Hypertensive Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
Chisholm Trail Hospice is licensed by the State of Oklahoma, certified by Medicare (CMS) and accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC). We take pride in the quality service and care we provide, and strive to give each patient and family we serve excellent service that meets their individual needs.
When our patients have concerns about the quality of care or patient safety at Duncan Regional Hospital, they are encouraged to voice grievances and recommend changes in policies and services without coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption in service. Registration of a complaint or concern about Chisholm Trail Hospice's care and services may be made to:
Chisholm Trail Hospice, Department Supervisor; Phone: (580) 251-8764 or toll free 1 (877) 252-5300, ext. 8764; Mail: PO Box 2000, Duncan, OK 73534
Duncan Regional Hospital, Vice-President of Patient Care Services; Phone: (580) 251-8550
State of Oklahoma Department of Health; Phone: 1 (405) 271-6576, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or write Medical Facilities, OK State Department of Health, 1000 NE 10th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1299
The Joint Commission (TJC), Complaint Hotline/Public Infomation at 1(800) 994-6610 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org