Joint Replacement Center
Our Joint Replacement Center is the only center in Southwest Oklahoma to receive the Certificate of Distinction by the Joint Commission.
The Joint Replacement Center at Duncan Regional Hospital specializes in providing outstanding care for total knee and total hip replacement surgery patients.
The center is equipped with large private rooms, specially trained staff and a state of the art rehabilitation gym that utilizes simulated golfing, skiing, and shopping to promote recovery.
The center is designed for patients to return safely and comfortably to their homes within 2 to 3 days after surgery.
Patients are encouraged to choose a coach (family or friend) to stay with them and help them with their rehab during their stay.
Pre-operative classes are taught to educate you on what to expect, how to prepare and recover from your joint replacement surgery
Patients who come to the Joint Replacement Center experience:
- A shorter hospital stay (normally 2-3 days)
- Patient-centered care including a pre-operative class and testing in one visit
- Specialized care by orthopedic trained staff
- Care provided using the latest research for rehab and pain management
- Aggressive Physical and Occupational Therapy
- 131% better mobility in the new joint at discharge compared to typical results
- 136% increased ability to walk greater distances at discharge compared to typical results
- High patient satisfaction: Most patients describe their hospital stay as “fun”
For more information about our Joint Replacement Center, please call the JRC Coordinator, at 580-251-8565.