At Duncan Regional Hospital, we have a dedicated family of volunteers, ranging from teens to seniors, who assist our healthcare team in providing quality care for our patients.
At Duncan Regional Hospital, you may choose from a variety of meaningful and challenging assignments, including opportunities to work directly with patients or behind the scenes.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Information Desk
- Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU)
- Cancer Center Driver
- Hospice Office or Respite
- Surgery Waiting
- Patient Floors
- Gift Shop
- Office Aide
- Emergency Department
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Unit
To be considered an active volunteer you will need to work a minimum of 50 hours per year. Most of our volunteers serve three hours per week. You may serve as much or as little as you wish. Our goal is to make you happy in your volunteer career.
The Auxiliary holds two general membership meetings each year as well as a membership tea in the fall. Opportunities also exist for our volunteers to serve on the Auxiliary Board and serve on committees that help lead the volunteer organization and serve the hospital.
Our Membership Procedure
Becoming a proud Duncan Regional Hospital volunteer is as easy as the following:
- Complete an application (available at the hospital information desk).
- Participate in an informative interview with the director of volunteers.
- Obtain your very own hospital name badge (it's official!).
- Complete a fun-filled, two-day orientation so you can learn more about the hospital you will serve.
- Complete a Tuberculin Skin Test (offered at no charge to you).
- As we want to project a professional image, our volunteers are asked to wear white pants or skirts, low-heeled, soft-soled shoes with closed toes and volunteer uniform (provided.)
We invite you to become a volunteer at Duncan Regional Hospital. Your gift of time will be used to support and enhance the services we provide to our patients and their families each and every day. Each hour you serve really makes a difference in the lives of others and is appreciated a great deal.
For more information about our volunteer opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Services office at (580) 251-8495